Monday 23 September 2013

Review on my own laptop



This is a review of my own laptop which is MSI GE60-2OE.I got it just a few weeks ago.At first I was planning to get a Asus 15.6 inch G series laptop but sadly they made 17 inch and 14 inch only for their new Haswell lineup.So I went to find other similiar specs laptop and I found MSI GE60-2OE also Lenovo Y580 or something.I chose MSI in the end because of few valid reasons.Lenovo have a single GT750M card but it have a SLI option where you can replace the optical drive with another GT750M.I'll admit that eventhough SLI doesn't scale well , it still will outperform GTX 765M(my MSI laptop gpu) through benchmark BUT definitely not gameplay.I'm pretty sure SLI/Crossfire still have the frame stutters error despite it having fixed again and again.Besides , the optical bay for the GPU arent included so if I did went and get it , it would cost around RM150-300 EXCLUDING THE GPU(which is about rm300-400 depends on reseller).In the end , I would need to pay a lot more just for the SLI.Not to mention, I buy it for the portability and it defeats the purpose if the laptop battery(both MSI GE60 and Lenovo Y580 are 6 cells batt) died out fast because of the SLI , quality over quantity thats what I prefer.

Now , to talk about my laptop . My first impression of it was it does look nice but there are some part that makes me doubt its quality such as near the end of the panel of the screen , it looks like it is made out of some cheap material plastic.The laptop becomes very hot while I'm gaming on very high settings due to its single fan(cpu+gpu) only solution.The nice thing is , the ventilation , exhaust air come out from the left side instead of the bottom or right side of the laptop(I'm a right handed and I use my mouse with my right hand therefore I won't want to burn my hand just because I was gaming).Now the keyboard , I'll say Steelseries did a pretty decent job for it.The keyboard feels solid and the chiclet keys are tactile also have a good feedback.Whats most is that it have a blue colour backlight built into it.The layout of the keyboard , I'll say it is pretty average and the only thing that caused me to say that is because of the shortened right side Shift key , it annoys me quite some time because I would always accidentally press the upper arrow key instead.I understand that it is hard to fit in the numpad and the others keys together but having any shortened shift , enter or even backspace key for me is just annoying.Oh also , did I mention that it have gold plated 3.5mm jacks.The sound quality of it are better than what you would get from a motherboard(desktop) intergrated soundcard or any other laptop.It also have a SoundBlaster Cinema support , damn I love that software.

Conclusion , I'm pretty satisfied with my laptop , specs wise and speed , i7 4700mq and gtx765m , and other stuff for RM3900 , it is pretty much one of the best bang for buck laptop in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment